CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Feb 13, 2011

the Skirvin

Here are some fun pics from our stay at this fabulous hotel. Some of you are asking if the hotel was in fact haunted. Well I didn't hear any babies crying but I did hear every little noise in the hotel! And I asked David if he was seduced by the spirit of the maid that jumped from the window. His response... "I don't think so."


Here is the living room...


It had this fun little couch..


I swear it was shaped like lips!








I thought this was pretty!


The shower didn't have a door that closed so it was a little strange...




Fun hotel soaps...


Ok - I've never stayed at this fancy of a hotel (I'm more of a Ho-Jo girl) so I've never had robes in my room. These robes were sooo comfy!




The bed had an overlay (I'm sure there is a technical name but I don't know what it is) on it with a short story of the hotel's history...

Here are some fun views from our room...




These were the reflections on the building across from us...I thought it looked a little eerie...










Fun flags outside the hotel...


our room..


in the elevator...


here's what the elevator looked like down the basement...
the pool, hot tub and fitness center were down there. i was going to go back and take pics but forgot :-(


no 13th floor...






sitting area in the hallway..


fun phones...





Downstairs there was old memorabilia...I thought it was interesting so I snapped a few shots...


the old skirvin..


old bar of soap..


old matches..

And it's definitely a small world. I've always known one of my family members that I've never met (my dad's cousin) is a manager at the Skirvin. Well, I didn't think anything of it until I saw a guy at the front desk that looked like my dad's uncle, just a younger version. Well I called my dad to see what his name was and then went back downstairs and walked by the desk so that I could check this guy's name tag. It was him! So I met my 2nd cousin for this first time :)

3 comments:

  1. It looks scary to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which cousin is this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It kinda is scary..but fun.

    Harvey's son...John. He was super nice. :)

    ReplyDelete